Sunday, June 29, 2008

Socking it to Ya

My grandmother needed some socks that wouldn't cut off her circulation. Ironically, I do not have a ribber on my standard machine, but she did not need rib tightening on her calves. I was going for a visit, so I knew I didn't have time to hand knit them. I started going through my magazines and began machine knitting. I made a pair out of Tofutsies and sadly didn't take a picture, but they turned out great. They were knit flat on the standard with a tiny roll at the top. I made another pair out of the tons of Lion Brand sock yarn I possess and I did take a picture of them. Two actually!I call this one "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead!"
I was trying to show how the heels looked.

There is a tiny seam across the toe and up the inseam. They are quite comfie and you don't feel the seam at all, but I do want to work on the toe decrease because it doesn't fit my family's "freak toe". Our second toe is quite a bit longer than the others, so we need a bit more point to the toe shape.

I have purchased a ribber and bought some wonderful fluffy merino blend. I can't wait to make Cary a pair. I'm also going to put the toe seam at the base of the toes on the top, so it won't rub inside of his shoes.

Here's the kicker: I can make a pair (yes, I said a PAIR) in under an hour!

No comments: