Thursday, May 08, 2008

FINALLY--SOCKS



I finished my mother's Mothers' Day socks at 9:00 p.m.!!! Cary is going to have to mail them for me tomorrow, because I will be on my way with Penny to San Diego!!

They were oh so challenging for someone like me who can't remember what she was doing the last row, or distinguish which row she's on. I finally got the row counter off my machine and started clicking off each of the four row repeats! But it was pretty fun doing my first heel flap, heel, gussets and toes. Too bad you have to do all that repetitive crap around the fun stuff!

These are the Berry socks from Two at a Time Socks, the first pair in the book. They're really more footies, because they have a short cuff. I modified them to exclude the little rolling top above the rib. I made them out of Hill Country sock yarn, which I thought was very nice.

No comments: